Time Spent Building/Maintaining Web Sites

lHassett lHassett at dwebb.llu.edu
Thu Oct 24 21:07:34 EDT 1996

     For those of you in charge of building and maintaining content for
     library web sites, I would like to ask how much time per week you
     devote to that task?  Some of you may share the responsibility with
     others.  In that case a total of the hours spent producing the site
     would be helpful, if you can come up with an estimate.

     I'd like to get a feel for whether there are many people devoting full-
     time to this or whether many of you have reprioritiezed your other job
     responsibilities and produced well-maintained, dynamic, content-rich
     sites on a few hours a week!  If you choose to respond, I'd also like
     to know what type and size of library you are in.

     I am in charge of our library's web site (a medium sized-academic
     library) and I'm wanting to see if the time I'm spending is in the
     ball-park of what others are doing.  I've been asked to provide an
     allocation of time of my job responsibilies as we are in a transition
     here, reassigning responsibilities.

     Thank you for your feedback.

     P.S.  For the time being, our web site is still only visible on our
     campus.  I'm working hard to bring it to the public soon.

     Leslie Hassett
     Reference Librarian and Web Editor
     Loma Linda University
     lhassett at dwebb.llu.edu