copyright bar invisible to users until printing?

Mark McFarland mac at pcl-a100.lib.utexas.edu
Fri Oct 18 09:59:40 EDT 1996

Group:

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide - I am
rushing toward a grant deadline - trying to do the plan of work
and thought I had every base covered until I received a message from
the group who will be providing all the images for the project we're
working on.  We will be imaging some 8500 objects (in various formats)
using a kontron digital camera (we're outsourcing the digitization)
and the following question came up:  is there a way to place a copyright
statement on each image (that's no problem) that will be visible
only when the user attempts to print  the image. I'm sure everyone
on this list has plenty to say about copyright etc... re: digital
content.

Is there a product that will do this?

Mark McFarland - Electronic Information Programs Offc.
UT Austin General Libraries
m.mcfarland at mail.utexas.edu