Seeing is Believing: Candidate Web Sources for Information Visualization

Sheryl Dwinell dwinells at vms.csd.mu.edu
Sat Oct 5 12:29:09 EDT 1996

Perhaps I'm just visually challenged, but I checked out the SiteMap project
and found it very confusing.  I can't imagine the average Joe getting any
real use out of something like this. I think a structure like Yahoo's
subcategories is much easier to understand. I'm curious what sort of
research on these systems of information visualization are being done with
the average user. Do we have any ideas about whether such systems enable
users to more easily find and understand the resources they are seeking?

Sheryl Dwinell
Sheryl Dwinell
Cataloger/Database Management Librarian
Memorial Library, Marquette University