Netscape or IE and printing...

lorrita ford lford at dvc.edu
Fri Nov 22 15:42:25 EST 1996

Ronnie Morgan wrote:
>.  When someone prints from our workstations running
> Netscape, it prints the whole web page.  We need to be able to select a portion of it, and print only that portion.   Is there a way to do that?.... how can I select only that portion and print only it?

I talked to a vendacard vendor at CLA about this problem last weekend.
He suggested a cumberson yet effective way of handling this problem..
saving the document as a file, opening it in a word processing program,
and then selecting the selection or pages of the doucment you want to
print.

Of course this would assume that all of your workstations were running a
WP program and that all of your users would know how to perform the
processes involved (including deleting the file once they got they parts
they wanted!)

It's food for thought.

Lorrita Ford, Instructional Services Librarian
Diablo Valley College
lford at dvc.edu