Problems with Netscape using Microsoft Windows 95

William Van De Mark billvdm at frontiernet.net
Wed Nov 20 18:08:29 EST 1996

My brother-in-law is a network software engineer. Recently, for business
reasons, he (reluctantly) installed Windows 95 into his desktop computer
at home. Upon installation, Windows 95 booted his UNIX O.S. into
oblivion, and disconnected the dial-in to his Novell server. Needless to
say, Microsoft has not endeared itself to software networking people,
and I'm inclined to believe that Microsoft software literally reflects
the aggressive attitude of its maker.

It makes sense to turn to Microsoft Explorer if one is having difficulty
using Netscape; but I do not relish the possibility that Microsoft may
become the primary provider of Internet software simply because its
preponderance in the PC market.