Modem warning

BryanTyson at aol.com BryanTyson at aol.com
Sun Nov 17 19:20:36 EST 1996

In a message dated 96-11-16 12:00:00 EST, Bill writes:

<< Keep in mind that each time this happens I have to use the installation
 diskette - or more importantly, I have to FIND the installation diskette.
 I really doubt that this process is easier than just setting a few jumpers
 on the modem. >>

I agree, and I wanted to add something else I don't like about this modem:
according to a recent article in PC World, the USR WinModem offloads a lot of
the processing onto the main CPU. Sure, it's cheaper that way, but my system
is slow enough without the CPU doing work the modem should be doing!

Bryan S. Tyson
Tech. Svcs. Dept.
J.S. Mack Library
Bob Jones University