Position postings

Alex Fayle alex_fayle at oma.org
Fri Nov 15 08:46:36 EST 1996

     I may be a bit jaded and cynical, but I can't believe that everyone
     follows the rules of job description requirements. If that were the
     case, then I wouldn't have applied for the job I'm currently
     interviewing for.

     It's a Webmaster position and they've asked for a communications or
     journalism degree, and publishing or techical writing experience. I
     have none of those qualifications, but I've applied for and gotten an
     interview for the job. Why? Because of my skills and my ability to
     convince the hirers that what they suggested they are looking for is
     actually not what they need.

     How many people in management /really/ understand the needs of
     networks / the Internet? Few probably. I feel that job requirements
     are merely guidelines and can be ignored when necessary.

     (Ahh, nothing better than starting the day with a nice rant.)

     Alex