Position postings

Thom Gillespie thom at copper.ucs.indiana.edu
Fri Nov 15 08:30:29 EST 1996

On Thu, 14 Nov 1996, Frances D. Aley wrote:

> If the tech job market is, in fact, getting tight, might it not behoove
> the hiring folk to recognize that there are some of us out there with
> MLSs who are in fact equally qualified for much much more than
> "librarian"?

This has to do with the 'librarian' more than the hiring folks. You have
to believe in yourself, what have done, and what you can do. Can't rest
on a degree because it is useless. Almost no one is looking for a degree,
they are looking for skills and experiences.

I have lots of students in corporate settings, webmastering, designing,
librarianing, etc. They get their jobs because of skills, experience, and
portfolios.

Thoughts?

--Thom