The real reason animated GIFs are a bad idea

Albert Kemp Jr. akemp at library.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Nov 13 13:54:44 EST 1996

Roy's point is well made and the page to which he refers is a prime
example of how animated gifs can be "overused".  Perhaps, if the GIF
appeared only at the top of the page, and ran through the animation
once, without looping, the value of the informative content would not
be lost.  Just my humble opinion though..... :)

Albert Kemp Jr.           [[][][]]   Net: akemp at library.uwaterloo.ca
Library Asst., Systems    [[][][]]   Web: http://www.lib.uwaterloo.ca/~akemp
University of Waterloo    [[][][]]   Fax: (519) 746-1758
Ontario, Canada  N2L3G1    ######
(519) 888-4567, x5377    [[](||)[]]