Advert Council/PackBell commercial -Reply

Dan Lester dlester at bsu.idbsu.edu
Sat Nov 2 13:08:45 EST 1996

>>> Cara Pellegrini <carap at ix.netcom.com> 11/01/96
12:49pm >>>
The search leads to the local library.  The at-home user
sends an email message to the librarian, perhaps with an
attachment file from the web, showing what
(s)he is trying to find.  The info zooms through the telephone
lines to the library, where it is received in the A.M. and dealt
with appropriately.  The needed info sent back to the
requestor.

Sounds great.  Of course if you ran the commercial in your
community you'd want to be sure that your library could
deliver the products and services offered.  I'm afraid there
wouldn't be many communities where they could show the
commercial.  Of course I wish it were otherwise, and it must
be so in the future if libraries are to survive.  But, I don't think
it could be honestly shown in most communities I know of.

cheers

cyclops