Multilanguage Plug-in Software

Jim Campbell jmc at poe.acc.virginia.edu
Fri Nov 1 09:13:48 EST 1996

Since version 3.0 of Microsoft's Internet Explorer is now available only
for Windows 95 and NT, it probably doesn't help you, but it has excellent
support for Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Cyrillic, and the eastern European
diacritics. No Hebrew or Arabic. You have to choose the language, but it
recognizes which encoding scheme is being used and displays it.

After downloading the appropriate version of 3.0, you have to go back to
the Microsoft site and also download and install the "International
Extensions."

    -  Jim Campbell
    Acting Director, Systems and Networked Information

    University of Virginia Library, Charlottesville, VA 22903 USA
    campbell at virginia.edu * Tel: 804-924-4985 * Fax: 804-924-1431