Telnet link

Paul Neff pneff at nslsilus.org
Mon Nov 11 16:36:13 EST 1996

>I apologize in advance if this question is too naive.  Our library has a
>web page, accessible via URL.  Is there a way to make the web page
>accessible via Telnet?

If they are telnetting to a UNIX or VMS host already, try setting up their
default login process to execute Lynx when they log in.  (Lynx is a free
text-based Web browser for those operating systems.)  If you set your home
page as the default page for Lynx, it will pop up when your users telnet to
your home page, or you can make it part of a menu of options for your telnet
users.

For more information about Lynx, see the following URLs:

        http://lynx.browser.org/
        http://www.nyu.edu/pages/wsn/subir/lynx.html

Paul Neff
Manager, Technology Services :: Arlington Heights Memorial Library
pneff at nslsilus.org