PDF and HTML conversions: collected responses

Laura B. Cohen LCOHEN at cnsvax.albany.edu
Fri Nov 8 13:15:44 EST 1996

The following is a compendium of all the responses I received re: PageMaker
or other programs useful for HTML and PDF conversion. Thanks so much
to everyone who replied!

-- Laura Cohen

Date: Tue, 05 Nov 1996 10:54:10 -0500
From: Thomas Dowling <tdowling at OHIOLINK.edu>
Subject: Re: Desktop publishing and HTML/PDF conversion
To: LCOHEN at cnsvax.albany.edu

Acrobat PDFwriter installs as a fake printer like a lot of fax modem
packages, so it "converts" files through an application's print function.

To my knowledge, the quality of the PDF file is about the same from app to
app.  A separate program, Acrobat Distiller, converts PostScript files to
PDF, so it will be useful if you've previous generated a body of .ps files
from PageMaker.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Ohio Library and Information Network