Launching Word Templates from Web Site

Tim Tripp ttripp at inforamp.net
Sun May 12 22:14:45 EDT 1996

Just curious if anyone knows if this can be done.  My intranet server
adminstrator is away, and since the server is in Montreal I can't test
this myself.

I'm wondering if so-called "smart" forms created as word template files
(*.dot) can be placed on a web server and launched properly by a local
copy of Word.  Will simply making the appropriate file association on
the server (and in the browser) allow this to happen as it does with
regular documents?  Has anyone done this successfully?

Thanks for the help,

Tim

--
Tim Tripp, Library Supervisor