Query: Web Site Capturing software?

Whittier Public Library wpl at quick.net
Tue May 28 02:37:34 EDT 1996

A plea for clarification:  By "capturing," the responses seem to
refer to the ability to view HTML offline.  For example, one
respondent suggested that files stored in the Netscape cache could be
read by recommended software.  Is this what the original query was
asking?  In any case, I'd like to know how saved--not cached--HTML
can be stripped of the "markup," leaving only the text.  (Saved
files, I know, do not include graphics.)

I have heard that recent versions of Netscape perform the task, and
that certain word processing applications will do the same.  Hearsay?

Dean C. Rowan
Whittier Public Library