Real uses of the Web for online bibliographic instruction

Linda Piele pielel at cs.uwp.edu
Mon May 13 21:45:55 EDT 1996

At the University of Wisconsin-Parkside, we've replaced our former paper
workbook with an 8-unit Information Literacy program that is almost entirely
on the Web (although students write their answers in a paper answer booklet).
The program is a university requirement that most students complete as part
of a required Freshman Seminar course, but all transfer students enrolling
with fewer than 90 credits also have to go through it. The web-paced program
has been in place since September, 1995. The address:
http://www.uwp.edu/library.

Linda Piele
Associate Director, Public Services
University of Wisconsin-Parkside