FYI: New Search Engine

Hal Kirkwood hkirk at uno.cc.geneseo.edu
Thu May 23 17:54:47 EDT 1996

Hello all,

This is being posted to Buslib, Nettrain, and Web4Lib lists.  Sorry for any
duplication.

I just found a new search engine called Identify.  I haven't heard anybody
else mention it yet.  It seems to have a focus on providing access to
products and services at the item or specific service level and comparing
it to the same items or services elsewhere on the Net.  It uses a subset of
HTML called IDML (?).

Could be interesting to see how this engine pans out.  If interested take a
look at http://www.identify.com/

I'm not affiliated with this engine just thought that the people on these
lists might find this to be a useful resource.

Regards,

-hal

Hal Kirkwood                  hkirk at uno.cc.geneseo.edu        *
Assistant Librarian                                           *
Fraser Library ---- Business/Computer Science/Math            *
S.U.N.Y. at Geneseo    1 College Circle    Geneseo, NY 14454  *
Work#716/245-5334            Fax#716/245-5003                 *
My opinions do not represent the university.                  *
Personal Home Page  http://137.238.50.66/~hal/hal.html        *

Nobody ever mentions the weather can make or break your day....
Nobody ever seems to remember life is a game we play.
                                - "Hello"   Oasis