Trademark symbol

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.ohiolink.edu
Thu May 9 12:27:49 EDT 1996

> Kevin,
>
> The page at:
> http://ppewww.ph.gla.ac.uk/%7Eflavell/iso8859/iso8859-pointers.html
>
> by A.J. Flavell, contains the following explanation:
>
> TM - They seek it here, they seek it there

(AJF's thorough albeit acerbic description of the imprecisions of using
numeric tags snipped.  His posts, and Warren Steele's, on
comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html are recommended reading.)

As far as I know, there's no requirement to include any version of the TM
symbol smack dab against the mark in question.  If this is a common
problem, you might consider something like:

for Windows:...
..
..
..
<hr>
and Edifice for Windows are registered trademarks of Mongosoft
Corporation.</small></p>

Thomas "Not a Lawyer" Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu