Summary of responses to Access Policies request

Sunnyvale Adult Services sunnyref at CLASS.ORG
Mon May 6 17:53:40 EDT 1996

I posted a query on the Web4Lib discussion list, requesting information
on Internet Access Policies and Acceptable Use Policies.  (I didn't know
those are the terms used for these policies, but I do now!)  Here is a
summary of useful sites, mostly useful to public libraries:

All sites start with http://
	www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/bpl
	www.lib.muohio.edu/~skimmel/wwwpols.html
	silver.ucs.indiana.edu/~lchampel/netadv.html
	silver.ucs.indiana.edu/~lchampel/netadv.htmp#laups
	scholar.lib.utk.edu/melinda/web-policy.htm
	www.intac.com/~kgs/freedom/policies.htm
	www.bluehighways.com/kitchen.html

Specific libraries' policies available on the web:
	Grande Prairie, IL: www.grandeprairie.org/netuse.html
	Pittsburgh, PA: www.clpgh.org and trfn.pgh.pa.us
	Kansas City MO: www.kcpl.lib.mo.us/kcpl_info
	Lawrence KS:  www.lawrence.ci.ks.us/iag.html
	Houston TX:   sparc.hpl.lib.tx.us/hpl/policy.html
	Spokane  WA:  splnet.spokpl.lib.wa.us/internet-policy.html

Many thanks to the following people who gave me these leads:  Walter
Minkel, Jenny Levine, Lisa Champelli, Rowan Brownlee, Karen G. Schneider,
Rushton Brandis, Karen Davis, Charles Bearden, Leslie Pug Emmons, John
Scroggins, Janet Kaul, William Oldfield, Stacey Kimmel, and Kate Weber (I
hope I didn't leave anyone out!)

We found this information very useful.  The City of Sunnyvale is
working on citywide as well as library access policies.

Regards,
---Julia E. Schult

Sunnyvale Public Library, Adult Services
sunnyref at class.org
http://www.lib.berkeley.edu:8000/SNVL/index.html