Cost recovery for printing

John Lambert jlambert at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Fri May 3 03:53:07 EDT 1996

Greeting,
I am looking at the technical side of charging for printing in a
university library.  We would like to use networked laser printers to
reduce the cost.  I think we are leaning toward a debit card system
(like our copy machines use) with the information self contained on
the card.
Are there any other libraries doing this out there? (if so, what
HW/SW are you using)
Is there a 'secure' way to allow printing from one system (library
bibliographic system) but not from others?  (allow certain URL's
to print free???)

Thanks for any input.

--
John Lambert  -  Library Network Manager
jlambert at darkwing.uoregon.edu - (541)346-2140

'Life is a zero sum game'
         -George Carlin