listserv archive format to unix mbox format?

Jian Liu jiliu at nickel.ucs.indiana.edu
Mon Mar 18 14:16:43 EST 1996

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is a program that can
convert listerv archive format (the mainframe type)
to unix mbox format (RFC 822)? This is related to
the question I sent here earlier today about finding
a program that can provide web broswing/searching
to listserv archives. Several of you have suggested
using hypermail. But according to the installation
documentation of hypermail, it supports unix mailbox
format only. So I am thinking of converting the
listerv archive format (which separates messages with
73 equal signs) to this format first. Then try hypermail.

Thanks

Jian
Indiana University Libraries