CRLISL: an e-journal

Shixing Wen shwen at siu.edu
Thu Mar 14 18:28:56 EST 1996

The following message has been sent to many library-related listservs.
Please excuse the duplication.

        The Critical Review of Library & Information Science Literature:
                      an International Electronic Journal

                                Call for Paper

SCOPE:
The Critical Review of Library & Information Science Literature: an
International Electronic Journal (CRLISL) aims to provide an electronic
publishing channel for critical review of works in the field of library and
information science. It accepts article contributions from the whole library
world. So far, book reviews are only secondary materials attached at the end
of some print library journals and there are no article reviews at all. The
CRLISL intends to stimulate critical reviews of both books and journal
articles in the library and information science. Without criticism, a
profession won't grow in a healthy way.

METHODS OF ARTICLE CONTRIBUTIONS:
All article contributions should be submitted in the electronic format in
the following methods:
        1. via e-mail (as mail messages or as attached documents
           or files) to the Editor [shwen at siu.edu];
    or  2. via ftp (In this case, you need to contact the Editor
           [shwen at siu.edu]for an ftp address, username and password.)

If your article is too long for your email system to handle, try to send it
in separate parts or as an attached document or file to your email message.

ARTICLE LENGTH:
In contrast with the traditional print journal, our e-journal does not
impose limitation to the article length. In other words, our authors don't
need to confine their thought to the arbitrary limit of a fixed space.

REFERENCE STYLE:
CRLISL adopts the Publication Manual of the American Psychological
Association, (4th ed.) for its reference style, with the following
modifications:
        1. spell out the first or given name of the author,
           rather than using the initial letter;
        2. use quotation marks to cite an article in a journal
           or chapter in an edited book;
        3. italicize rather than underline the title of a book
           or a journal.

COPYRIGHT DECLARATION:
All copyrights belong to the author, not to the CRLISL. He or she is
therefore permitted to republish his or her article anywhere else. The
CRLISL does retain the right to maintain a copy of those articles on each of its
various electronic publishing channels.

PUBLISHING CHANNELS:
CRLISL is published through the following channels:
        CRLISL Web Page [http://www.lib.siu.edu/swen/iclc/revw.htm];
        ICLC Listserv [mwcala at siucvmb.siu.edu];
        ICLC FTP Site [ftp://lib44.c-lib.siu.edu/pub/iclc/revw];
        Direct E-Mail Delivery to Subscribers.

PUBLISHING FREQUENCY:
The frequency of this publication will be biannual to start with and may
change in future, depending on the quantity and quality of articles
submitted. In principle, we will strive to publish your articles as soon as
possible so as to facilitate information exchange with this electronic
medium in this electronic age. The format of electronic publication frees us
from the bondage of fixed frequencies, thus enabling us to cater better to
the publication needs of our authors in a timely manner.

CRLISL is scheduled to publish its inauguration issue on June 1, 1996. Hereby,
we cordially solicit article contributions. Please refer to the Guidelines
for Article Contributions for proper methods of contribution.

SUBSCRIPTION:
To subscribe to the Critical Review of Library & Information Science
Literature: an International Electronic Journal, you may either send a
subscription message to the Editor via email at shwen at siu.edu, or subscribe
to our ICLC Listserv.

NOTE:
For details about the Critical Review of Library & Information Science
Literature: an International Electronic Journal, please visit our web pages at:
        http://www.lib.siu.edu/swen/iclc/revw.htm