Posting Policy

Roy Tennant rtennant at library.berkeley.edu
Thu Mar 7 17:26:15 EST 1996

Due to a few unrelated incidents lately of inappropriate postings,
of which I must shoulder the lion's share of the blame, I would like
to set some policies for Web4Lib postings:

1) All messages must relate, however slightly, to the general topic of
World Wide Web systems and libraries or library staff. The list
owner interprets this rather broadly, but anyone who posts a message
that is clearly off-topic will receive a message from the list owner
to cease and desist. Further infractions will result in removal from
the list.
2) Advertisements are not appropriate. However, a simple statement
that offers a way to follow-up for more information on a service or
product is tolerated if it accompanies a substantive message discussing
a subject appropriate to the list.

These policies will be added the Web4Lib information page at:

http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/Web4Lib/

which is where you can always find all the information appropriate to
this discussion, including ListProc commands and my email address
(when all else fails). Thanks,
Roy Tennant
Web4Lib Owner