discussion contribution

Larry Whitaker lwa at ix.netcom.com
Mon Mar 4 10:54:26 EST 1996

Hi,

Does everyone realize that "outsourcing" text conversion projects can
save your library a lot of money?  It is true.  You can just box it up
and send it out-- and get electronic files on diskette back a few days
later-- structured exactly like you need-- with embedded HTML codings,
levels, etc.  And, you can avoid the onus of detailed management of a
conversion project-- no scanners, no finicky OCR software, no operators
going blind trying to find and fix OCR errors.

When the text originals are too valuable to release, we can work from
scanned images of each page-- we just transmit them to our off-shore
operators.

Our operators are usually graduate engineers.  We can handle tables,
math or chemistry formulas with ease.

So, our service is cheaper and easier-- why not get a quote before
deciding how to process the next project?

 Larry Whitaker, President  Larry Whitaker Associates, INC
 215 La Barranca DR         dba Del Mar Data
 Solana Beach, CA 92075     voice: (619) 259 7911
 FAX (619) 259 1053         CompuServe 71754,2164
 see our web page at: http://www.wp.com/delmardata