recommendations for public webstation printers

Charles F. Bearden cbearden at sparc.hpl.lib.tx.us
Wed Mar 6 11:29:36 EST 1996

I would venture that the majority of our patrons have no other free access to computers with printers, much less to systems that will run Adobe Acrobat.  For many, it's either the library or a chain of copy shops that charges for use by the hour and page.

We should encourage users to print their stuff at home, but to assume that they all can at present is unrealistic.

Chuck

Chuck Bearden			email: cbearden at hpl.lib.tx.us
Catalog Department		voice: 713/247-3499
Houston Public Library		fax:   713/247-3158
500 McKinney Ave.
Houston, TX  77002		NOT SPEAKING FOR HPL
      -=>HPL's Homepage: http://sparc.hpl.lib.tx.us<=-

On Wed, 6 Mar 1996 07:16:37 -0800  R124C41 at aol.com wrote:
>In regard to the question posed by Robert Cameron, Loyola >University Library (New Orleans) [cameron at beta.loyno.edu] >concerning recommendations for public webstation printers...
>Let me make the following radical proposal.
>
>Provide **no** printers at public webstations.

[etc.]