Windows 95 memory leak fix

Carole Leita leita at netcom.com
Sun Jun 30 09:55:42 EDT 1996

Windows 95 has a memory leak. It seems that if you use e-mail, web
browsers or any other software that hits the windows sockets, you are
dribbling bits out into oblivion.  And eventually, the leak will cause
your system to crash.

This seems to have worked for me. At least, Netscape doesn't crash on me
any longer after I've been using it for awhile ;)

For the patch and Microsoft's explanation:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/software/krnlupd.htm

Carole
Carole Leita, leita at netcom.com
Internet/Reference Librarian, 510-644-6100 ext.313
Berkeley Public Library, 2090 Kittredge St., Berkeley CA 94703