zip drive

Tim Tripp ttripp at inforamp.net
Wed Jun 19 23:38:40 EDT 1996

There has been talk in this thread primarily of Iomega's Zip drive, mention of
a couple of other brands, but no mention of Syquest's EZ135 drive.

Syquest has been in the removable storage media business a long time as
well, although primarily for the Mac market.  They have been a standard in
the desktop publishing industry for years.  They came out with the EZ drive
about the same time as Iomega's Zip, and the prices are virtually equivalent.

What I like about the EZ drive is that it is both Mac and PC compatible.  I
have my own EZ drive at home, and convinced the powers at be to let me get
one at work.  I do a lot of work at home, particularly web page design, on
my Mac, and carry a copy of my entire intranet's data back and forth with me
to and from work which is a Windows environment.  All on compact 3 inch
cartridges.

--
Tim Tripp                                         Tel:(905) 790-2800 ext. 4108
Library Supervisor                                Fax:(905) 790-4423