Error Condition Re: sign off

Roy Tennant rtennant at library.berkeley.edu
Wed Jun 19 17:58:31 EDT 1996

Since we seem to have another spate of unsubscribe messages being sent to
the entire subscriber list, I believe it is time to trot out the basic
procedures again. If you every have *any* questions about the list, go to:

http://sunsite.Berkeley.EDU/Web4Lib/

Presumably everyone on this discussion has access to a Web browser. If all
alse fails, send email to me personally at rtennant at library.berkeley.edu.
Below are the most commonly used commands.

By the way, I want to thank everyone on this list for NOT replying to the
list when someone posts a "How do I get off this list" message to the
discussion. I obviously see it and will respond to it. I try to keep
administrivia posts like this to a minimum, so I only do it when we seem
to be on the verge of an epidemic. Thanks,
Roy Tennant
Web4Lib Owner

TO SUBSCRIBE:
Send the message "subscribe Web4Lib your name" to
listserv at library.berkeley.edu

TO UNSUBSCRIBE:

TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE DISCUSSION:
Send your message to web4lib at library.berkeley.edu. For more information on
appropriate discussion topics, please see the information below.

TO RECEIVE A COMPLETE LIST OF LISTPROC COMMANDS:
Send the message "help" to listserv at library.berkeley.edu

TO SUSPEND AND RESUME MAIL:
To suspend mail from Web4Lib, send the message 'set web4lib mail postpone'
to listserv at library.berkeley.edu. To resume mail from Web4Lib, send the
message "set web4lib mail ack" or "set web4lib mail noack" to
listserv at library.berkeley.edu. "ACK" will acknowledge your list
contributions, "NOACK" will not.