Do librarians need basic HTML capabilities?

The Big Glee Bopper thom at copper.ucs.indiana.edu
Tue Jun 18 23:21:08 EDT 1996

On Tue, 18 Jun 1996, Vivienne Cuff wrote:

> On the other hand,  how to do you get people to understand the
> concept of hypertext without actually writing HTML per se?
> Maybe we should use something like Storyspace and get them to write
> hyperfiction or get people to participate in something like Waxweb?

When you describe someone as literate it means they can _read_ & _write_.
Being literate in a digital environment means you have to be able to do
more than click on links for true understanding ... you have to be able
to program which is digital writing. Hopefully it will get easier but
writing is always difficult whether in text, audio, video or digits.

--Thom