Names for reference desk, etc.

I. Pour-El pourel at iastate.edu
Tue Jun 18 09:50:16 EDT 1996

Hey, all you people in other countries, so far I have gotten only one
non-English speaking response (although lots of US terms). Please...

Here are the questions again:

1.  What does the sign over (or on or under) your reference desk say?
Please add a literal translation if a language other than English.

2.  Is the same term used in written and spoken communication?

3.  What do you call your electronic reference service e.g. "Ask a
librarian".  I don't mean opacs or databases but individual reference
question submission and/or response by form or email.

As always, I will summarize all responses to the list.

Thanks,

---
I. Pour-El						pourel at iastate.edu
Reference and Instructional Services Librarian		515-294-1004
152 Parks Library
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011