Web Authoring Tools

Bennett, David BENNETT at rmcnet.robert-morris.edu
Mon Jun 17 12:53:00 EDT 1996

>From: Shonna Froebel <sfroebel at tse.com>

>Subject: Web Authoring Tools

>I have been asked to compile a "complete" list of web authoring tools.

>Does anyone have any suggestions, or has anyone already done this?

>(Windows based tools are what I'm looking for)

     I suggest that you start by looking at the FULL REVIEWS section for
HTML editors in Stroud's List of Consummate Winsock Applications.  Here
is the URL:     http://www.cwsapps.com//shtml.html#htmlwrtr

      There are mirror sites distributed across the Web, so I would
recommend you use a search engine to find the closest site for you.  Here
is a URL for the site I often use:  http://www.cwsapps.com//cwsa.html

    There is an amazing amount of information in Stroud's, including FULL
REVIEW, DESCRIPTION, RATING, STATUS (shareware or freeware, beta, etc.),
COMPANY, NOTES, SIZE, DATE, and VERSION.  The site is highly organized,
and reliable.  There is a wealth of information on all kinds of Winsock
applications...servers, clients, utilities, etc.

     I hope this is of some help.

David Bennett  (bennett at rmcnet.robert-morris.edu)

Systems Support & Instruction Librarian

Robert Morris College Library