Losing Ground

Vivienne Cuff Vivienne.Cuff at natlib.govt.nz
Mon Jun 17 18:17:04 EDT 1996

I am following this discussion with interest, as this follows on from
a post I sent to the list a few weeks - the gist of which was getting
organizational buy-in for the work you are doing with new technology.
IMHO, the old saying is leading horses to water...applies here.
Maybe, remember Robert the Bruce and the Spider...

Does anyone have specific techniques which they can share -
particularly,  novel ones once you have tried everything?

One thing that I would like to explore is how you make people aware
that the  use of the Internet is a privilege - that whilst you have access to all this
amazing information you have a responsibility to give back - by
contributing to discussions   and more particularly by, in an
organization, by participating in the development of the Web Site(s)?

I am debating putting this concept into our Acceptable Use Policy? Most
policies talk about use (accessing/taking information) and may be
they should  include policy about  the (contributing/giving) aspects also?

Vivienne
Vivienne Cuff
World Wide Web
National Library of New Zealand