Browser reading nonexistent code

Brian Kelly b.kelly at newcastle.ac.uk
Sun Jun 9 16:16:51 EDT 1996

> Now I'm really confused.  I tested the shift-Reload feature several times
> earlier today without success.  However, this evening it works like a
> charm!  Has anyone else experienced this?  Have I entered the
> "Cache-light" Zone?

There is a bug in some versions of Netscape in that it doesn't know
about daylight saving time.  So when it checks the time of the file in
the client cache with the remote file, it can be fooled into thinking
that the  file in the client cache is newer than the remote file.  If
you wait a few hours, the Reload will work.   Upgrading to a newer
version of Netscape should overcome this problem.

Brian Kelly
Brian Kelly
Netskills         - see http://www.netskills.ac.uk/
Computing Service
University of Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne        B.Kelly at newcastle.ac.uk
NE1 7RU                    0191 222 5002