Browser reading nonexistent code

jornsj at pta6000.pld.com jornsj at pta6000.pld.com
Fri Jun 7 18:22:12 EDT 1996

On Tue, 4 Jun 1996, Leon James <leon at hawaii.edu> wrote:

>Just as it was reported by the other two messages in
>this thread, the file is edited, saved, and viewed in Netscape with the
>Reload command.  There are unpredictable times when changes don't show up
>no matter how often it is reloaded.

I have also had this happen, specially when editing, saving, then uploading the
file to another site.  To save time reloading a file, Netscape will use the
memory and disk cache files.  Since the old version of the html is saved in the
cache, Netscape will simply reload that file.  I have found that clearing these
cache files (done from the options menu), then reloading will force Netscape to
contact the offsite computer for the most current file.

Good Luck and Happy Surfing!!

Janet Jorns                                        Network Administrator
jornsj at pld.com                                     Dodge City Public Library
                                                   Dodge City, KS

--|-- The Lord lift up His countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.