Digitized 35mm slides

William J. Frost fros at planetx.bloomu.edu
Fri Jun 14 11:18:37 EDT 1996

On Thu, 13 Jun 1996, Jim Green wrote:

> I've been asked to research the feasibility of digitizing, cataloging,
> and providing WWW access to a large collection of 35mm slides.
>
> I seek libraries that have done something similar.  I'm looking for sites
> to study as potential models.  I also need information on digitizing
> hardware and software, cataloging/indexing methods and software used,
> and search/retrieval methods, including subject access to the collections.
>
> If anyone can shed any light on any piece of this I would appreciate it.
> Reply directly to me and I will summarize the responses to the list.  Thanks!

> *    James F. Green                                  *
> *    Systems Librarian                               *
> *    Wayne State University/DALNET Systems Office    *
> *    jfgreen at cms.cc.wayne.edu                        *
> *    tel: (313) 577-6439  fax:  (313) 577-8720       *

I haven't used it yet, but our AV Center has a device from Nikon called
CoolScan, which can digitize one slide at a time.

	Bill Frost                       Harvey A. Andruss Library
	Reference Librarian              Bloomsburg University
	717-389-4126                     Bloomsburg, PA  17815
	fros at bloomu.edu                  Fax 717-389-3895
	http://acwww.bloomu.edu/~fros/