Browser reading nonexistent code

Real Rodrigue Rodrigue.Real at uqam.ca
Mon Jun 3 17:22:54 EDT 1996

Claudia Rebaza wrote:

> Has anyone else had a problem with their browser insisting on reading a
> coding error that has long since been corrected?  Last week I typed an
> "a" instead of an "i" in </i> and the browser (Netscape) continues to
> show the </a> in the document source even though this was corrected four
> days ago.  A colleague here has run into the same problem before but we
> don't know what causes it or how it can be corrected.  This error shows
> up in more than one machine.
>
> I've also sometimes had a problem where sections of the document source
> blink, and the affected text does not show up on the browser.  The only
> way I've been able to fix this in the past is by erasing the affected
> codes and text and retyping them (sometimes more than once).  Since this
> blinking may extend to a whole paragraph of source, I'd prefer not to
> keep doing that :>
>
> Does anyone know why this may be happening?
>                                 Claudia Rebaza
>                        Cook Library Reference Department
>                  University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg
>      crebaza at ocean.st.usm.edu & http://ocean.st.usm.edu/~crebaza/index.html

I noticed this problem with NetScape 3.0b4. I managed to view my
corrected HTML page by emptying the cache: even if I closed and reopened
NetScape, the problem was still there. Emptying the cache solved it.

--
 _________________
|                 |   Real Rodrigue
|     *** *** *** |   Services informatises
|    *** *** ***  |   Service des bibliotheques
|   *** *** ***   |   Universite du Quebec a Montreal
|  *** *** ***    |   Tel.: 514-987-4554
|         ***     |         << apres 17 juin 1996 / after June 17, 1996:
|        ***      |         514-987-3000 poste / extension 4554 >>
|_________________|         FAX : 514-987-7787
                      Courrier electronique / E-Mail :
                            Rodrigue.Real at UQAM.CA
                      Page personnelle / Home page :