Argus Clearinghouse link change

Louis Rosenfeld lou at argus-inc.com
Wed Jul 31 19:13:41 EDT 1996

	(posted to multiple lists; apologies for duplication)

The Argus Clearinghouse (formerly known as the Clearinghouse for
Subject-Oriented Internet Resource Guides) has a new address:

	http://www.clearinghouse.net/

If you are responsible for a link to the Clearinghouse, please update it,
as the old site's pages will disappear on 9/1/96.

BASIC INFORMATION ABOUT THE CLEARINGHOUSE

Begun in 1993, the Argus Clearinghouse is a rapidly growing collection of
over 1,000 topical guides to the Internet's information resources.
Created by librarians and other information professionals, these guides
are useful to researchers interested in hundreds of subjects.  The
Clearinghouse provides users with browsing and searching capabilities.
Guides that qualify for acceptance in the Clearinghouse are rated for
quality, and our staff ensures that the Clearinghouse points to the most
up-to-date guides.

YOU CAN PARTICIPATE: SUBMIT YOUR OWN GUIDE

You can have your own topical Internet resource guide included in the
Argus Clearinghouse:  Go to the following page to see our definitions of
what a guide is and how to get yours included in the Clearinghouse:

	http://www.clearinghouse.net/docs/submit.html

COMING IMPROVEMENTS

We are in the process of improving the Clearinghouse by adding
second-level categories to the subject tree for better navigation,
revising keywords to enhance searching, and refining the searching
interface.  These improvements will happen over the next two months.

FINALLY...

How can we make the Clearinghouse better?  Please let us know by filling
out a brief survey (URL below).  To show our thanks, we'll enter your name
in a free drawing for The Internet Searcher's Handbook!

	http://www.clearinghouse.net/searcher/reward.html

Louis Rosenfeld                                             lou at argus-inc.com
Argus Associates, Inc.                                   http://argus-inc.com
109 Catherine Street                                   voice: +1.313.913.0010
Ann Arbor, MI  48104  USA

....................................new Argus snail-mail address  (see above)
....................new Clearinghouse address:  http://www.clearinghouse.net/
................Internet Searcher's Handbook:  http://argus-inc.com/searcher/
...............new Library of Michigan site:  http://www.libofmich.lib.mi.us/