Graphics packages for web page design

Paul F. Schaffner pfs at umich.edu
Wed Jul 31 07:25:46 EDT 1996

I haven't checked recently, but it used to be that only the 32-bit
version of LViewPro could convert GIFs to 89a format, whereas the 16-bit
version could not. (I still use the 16-bit version 1.6, and it does not
offer an 89a option under "save as," only an 87a option--though it does
include the "background color" option when editing an 89a GIF, and does
allow you to open an existing 89a).

In any case, GIFTRANS (DOS) and PaintShop Pro (Win) offer more than
acceptable alternatives for converting to 89a and inserting
transparency info.
Paul Schaffner                 http://www-personal.umich.edu/~pfs/
University of Michigan                               pfs at umich.edu