Max. number of inputs in a form?

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Wed Jul 24 14:50:27 EDT 1996

Does anyone know off-hand if there is a maximum number of inputs that can
be specified in an HTML form?  I don't believe there's anything in HTML
itself, but is there an upper limit as far as the more common browsers are
concerned?

By way of context, we're beta testing a database interface that's capable
of generating a form with over 3000 <INPUT TYPE=CHECKBOX...> tags.

Thomas Dowling                    \ tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Asst. Director, Client/Server Apps.\    614/728-3600 x326
OhioLINK                            \    FAX 614/728-3610