Which version of Netscape is most popular?

Linda Hyman lhyman at mail.sdsu.edu
Tue Jul 16 19:34:21 EDT 1996

Just having a little debate  here over which version of Netscape is most
commonly in use at schools and libraries.  (We are only interested in those
facilities using either Netscape or Microsoft Internet Explorer please.)  I
would like to know which version you are using of Netscape and, if there
are folks already using Explorer as their primary navigator, I would be
interested in hearing from you too.

We are unsure whether we should make a heavy investment of our time and
energy in learning and developing JavaScript enhanced applications and also
concerned about the rapidly increasing amount of RAM needed to run the
newer beta versions of Netscape.  Beta version 3b5 requires 16 mgs !

I rely on you folks for guidance so let's hear it.   Thanks!

Linda Woods Hyman-Education First Initiative
Pacific Bell/San Diego State University
Dept. of Educational Technology
San Diego  CA  92182  (619) 594-4414
e-mail:  lhyman at mail.sdsu.edu