Internet filtering software

Cary Cochrell cchochre at wahoo.sjsu.edu
Mon Jul 15 22:04:44 EDT 1996

I would like to know where I can find additional information on the use
of software to block "offensive" sites. There is currently a controversy
in our community over the use of such software, and we librarians need to
find out as much as possible about the pros and cons involved. Can anyone
suggest a way to find out if there are any libraries out there using
blocking software at public Internet terminals? Are there any good web
sites out there with information on this topic? We are resisting the cry
for installing this software, but we need help. Anything would be greatly
appreciated. Thank you............Cary Cochrell