Feedback forms

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Thu Jul 18 08:50:47 EDT 1996

ACTION="MAILTO:..." is notoriously inflexible as a way to process
forms--you get what you get and that's all that you get.  After all, you're
offloading your forms processing to the browser, so it's only natural to
expect that you have to give up a degree of control.  Not only will any
given browser offer behavior a little different from what you want, but
different browsers will offer different behaviors.  On top of that, some
browsers still don't support this at all.

ACTION="MAILTO" is a quick and dirty solution at best.  My advice is to
insist on CGI access.

If that's completely out of the question, you might want to look for the
munpack utility; it's a Unix command-line MIME unpacker.  You might be able
to pipe the incoming messages through munpack and then attach them to the
end of your ASCII file.

Thomas Dowling                    \ tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Asst. Director, Client/Server Apps.\    614/728-3600 x326
OhioLINK                            \    FAX 614/728-3610