What are your most popular pages?

Michael Alan Dorman mdorman at caldmed.med.miami.edu
Fri Jan 26 09:08:19 EST 1996

On Thu, 25 Jan 1996, Walter Giesbrecht wrote:
> I'm curious as to what other people see as the most popular pages on
> their library servers. In our case, by far and away the most popular
> page (other than the main page, of course) is the page that describes
> and provides access to our online catalogue. What are your most-read
> pages? Are they the ones you expected to be popular?

Note:  We host the main web site for the University of Miami School of
Medicine, so this is sort of reflected in our numbers, which were
collected from Nov 7 to January 22.

9635 /index.html
5083 /cgi-bin/wwwwais
1718 /catalog/index.html
1290 /UMSM/index.html

Those are the "home page", the cgi for running our search engine, the top
of our Internet catalog and general information about the school,
respectively.

It goes downhill quickly, with the figures falling into the high three
figures for number 5 and down to 150 by number 25.

Needless to say I feel entirely vindicated for my push to install a search
engine.

Mike.
--
Michael Alan Dorman                                   Head of Systems
mdorman at caldmed.med.miami.edu           Louis Calder Memorial Library