Ads for lib. aut. --- my two cents

Ellen Sleeter, M.A.I.N. Administrator SLEETER at MAIN.MORRIS.ORG
Wed Jan 17 11:06:06 EST 1996

Peter,

As a person who had been looking for a job [in academic library automation,
management of academic computing, MIS/CIO management, electronic publishing] for
longer than I'd care to admit out loud ... I can tell you what sources I
depended on, in order of importance to me

(1)  Chronicle --- first choice by far --- on their gopher
(2)  Sunday NYT, Week in Review (for education), and the Biz section
(3)  my professional network, who forwarded LISTSERV posts that I didn't
see and faxed me things from the Washington Post (ASIS HQ referrals)
(4)  ASIS-L and the ASIS Jobline
(5)  TEKNOIDS
(6)  various user group listservs (INNOPAC, BRS)

I would not have dreamt of applying for, nor had even heard of the opening in
my current job --- I was impressed by the fact the job was advertised in the
Chronicle!

I don't remember seeing your job Peter :)  Since you and I know each other,
you can take my remarks with a grain of salt if I weren't the type you
were hoping to attract.

Ellen

Note:  *no* published library literature crossed my desk, by my design ;-)

| ELLEN L. SLEETER                                                         |
| Network Administrator/Division Head, County of Morris, New Jersey        |
| Morris Automated Information Network (M.A.I.N.)                          |