Thumb Nail Images

Steve Harding harding at nas.nasa.gov
Thu Jan 11 11:38:01 EST 1996

> Can anyone please direct me to instructions on how to create "thumb
> nail" images out of regular .gif files?  I saw mention of this
> somewhere but have no idea where.

You didn't mention what platform you are using.

UNIX:	I suggest using xv.  This is a shareware utility found wherever good
	UNIX utils are stored.

Mac:	Photoshop, Image Assistant, or any good graphics program.

Windows:There is a shareware program called WinGif.  Also any mainstream
	Windows graphics package.

OS/2:	PMview or PMjpeg.  Both are shareware, and are available from most
	OS/2 ftp sites.