Web structure

Ort, Michelle ORTM at msmail.odc.edu
Wed Jan 31 15:31:00 EST 1996

Web structure - Policies and Strategies

I am a librarian at a small liberal arts college of 2,000 students.  Our
college is just catching up with technology and have only had a connection
to the Internet for less than one year.  Now that we have gotten used to our
e-mail package, Netscape, and various other technology tools that were
somewhat new to most of us, we hope to put together a college web site that
really looks good and represents our college in a positive manner.  I have
recently been named as the person in charge of this whole project.  I need
to figure out how to organize the web, how to teach various people html, how
to devise standards (if any) for things like headings on each page, etc.  I
will also need to be working with some people on how to develop a good front
end to the college page and on how to write up some policies/guidelines for
those who want to contribute to the page.  The idea is that we'd like to end
up with one complete package, not just bits and pieces that hardly relate to
each other.

If anyone has done this sort of thing or knows of some publications or
written policies/strategies that could help me in figuring out step one,
could you please e-mail me with the information?

Thank you!

Michelle Ort
Ohio Dominican College
ortm at odc.edu