session manager

Dongming Zhang zhang at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu
Wed Feb 14 16:32:25 EST 1996

    (1) we are trying to collect the information about who is using
the www server which could be find via out user/passwd screen, but
it's difficult to track down this specific user's activities in the
system because we are providing several databases and would like to know
which databases he/she is using. The existing vt100 gateway can
get all the user activities and even time stamp information and we would
like our www-based system has similar functions;

     (2) session manager is a piece of software sits in between
http server and database; or on http server which assign each
logined user a session id until this user leave the system. Just my
understanding and may have several approaches.

   We are using UNIX server.

     Dongming Zhang
     Welch Medical Library
     Johns Jopkins University