session manager on web server ..

David Christensen dave at ci.pasadena.ca.us
Wed Feb 14 16:15:16 EST 1996

Dongming Zhang wrote:

> Greeting,
>
>    Does anybody know any information about session manager on www?
> We would like to collect ACCURATE information on system usage and
> user information, www access_log file is not enough or doesn't provide
> these information. I Heard that session manager or the like will provide
> such function.
>
>    Also I would like to know how other libraries deal with this issue.
>
>    Dongming Zhang
>    Welch Medical Library
>    Johns Hopkins University

Check out Accesswatch 1.32

http://www.wg.bucknell.edu/~dmaher/accesswatch/

This will give you everything you could possibly want and it uses the access_log.
David E. Christensen
Network Operations Manager
City of Pasadena, Department of Information Services
(818)405-4251 Office        (818)449-2165 Fax
dave at ci.pasadena.ca.us