ILL forms on Web

William Oldfield wroldfie at library.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Feb 13 09:03:07 EST 1996

Helen...

At UW we simply restrict access to the form and the cgi script to computers
in the UW domain.  Using the .htaccess file for this purpose means that
only users within your institution can submit ILL requests.

It sure beats setting up individual user authentication.

At 4:55 PM 2/9/96, Helen Laurence wrote:
>We have just linked our ILL request forms to our library home page.
>The only real issue for us was how to limit the service
>to patrons affiliated with the University.  Linking to the
>circulation database of valid library card numbers was thought to be
>too problematic.  We finally decided to "require" that a valid ID
>number be submitted on the form and check it manually the same way
>ILL requests on paper are done.  This seems a rather "low-tech"
>solution considering the context. How are others dealing with this?
>
>TIA.
>
>Helen
>
>Dr. Helen Laurence      Library Systems Dept.      (407)367-3789
>Florida Atlantic University, P.O. Box 3092, Boca Raton, FL 33431
>Internet: laurence at acc.fau.edu           Bitnet: laurence at fauvax

William Oldfield (Networked Information Research Associate)
University of Waterloo Library            Phone: (519) 888-4567 Ext. 2461
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1         Email: wroldfie at library.uwaterloo.ca
UWELib:   http://www.lib.uwaterloo.ca/
Homepage: http://www.lib.uwaterloo.ca/~wroldfie/home.html