Policies for web pages

Paula Zeszotarski pzeszota at ucla.edu
Fri Feb 2 14:40:57 EST 1996

>Date: Fri, 02 Feb 1996 11:40:09
>To: colldv-l at usc.edu
>From: Paula Zeszotarski <pzeszota at ucla.edu>
>Subject: Policies for web pages
>
>I am a second year student at the UCLA program in Library and Information
Science and am working on a project with Ray Soto, Humanities Bibliographer
at the Univerity Research Library. we are trying to put togtehr a collection
development policy for sources to be listed on a "Scholarly resources" page
for English and American Literature. We are, however, looking at collection
development policies for web sites in general especially the decision making
process that is behind them.

>I amhoping that the members of this list can assist us in our project by 1)
providing copies of their policies for www sources 2)discussing any relevant
professional literature ( I am so far only aware of S. Demas work at
Cornell) 3) entering into a dialogue about the issues which came about as a
result of developing these policies or why your institution has chosen not
to compile these policies.

>Thank your for your assistance,

Paula Zeszotarski
GSE&IS